Hinrich Foundation Sustainable Trade Index 2018 launched in Jakarta
- Ms Daria Taglioni (Principal Economist, IFC)
- Dr Risti Permani (Assistant Director/Head of Analysis and Monitoring on Trade, Industry and Emerging Issues Division, ASEAN Secretariat)
- Dr Venkatachalam Anbumozhi (Senior Energy Economist, ERIA)
- Mr Chris Clague (Managing Editor, Thought Leadership, Asia, and Global Editorial Lead, Trade and Globalisation, The Economist Intelligence Unit)
- Ms Aida Greenbury (Director/Sustainability Adviser, Mitra Puri Hijau/Greenbury & Assc.)
- Whether sustainable trade could generate economic growth
- How to encourage responsible consumer demand
- Whether a shift from trading raw materials to finished products could help increase trade sustainability or if it resulted only in shifting externalities to other parts of your supply chain
- The importance of life cycle production for trade sustainability
- The role of financial institution on sustainable trade.
Find out more about the Index The 2018 Index report, data and infographic can be found at: https://hinrichfoundation.com/trade-research/sustainable-trade-index/ About the author – Lauren Kyger Lauren Kyger is a Research Associate with the Hinrich Foundation where she focuses on international trade research. She is a Hinrich Foundation Global Trade Leader Scholar alumna, earning her Master’s degree in Global Business Journalism from Tsinghua University in Beijing. She received her Bachelor’s degree from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University.