India footwear sourcing report notes increased supplier emphasis on competitive pricing
The online report includes complete details of 14 verified export suppliers and profiles casual, children’s, formal and sports shoes. The report also features industry information, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Report highlights robust export sector catering to several international brands
The report shows:
- Industry manufactures approximately 2.1 billion pairs annually and exports 115 million pairs.
- India is the world’s second largest footwear producer, accounting for 15 percent of global total.
- Supplier design teams produce up to 100 models yearly on average.
- Europe and North America are the main markets, followed by Asia and the Middle East.
- Design trends includes use of durable light-weight materials that require little polishing.
Through the Make in India initiative, the government has put in place provisions to attract foreign direct investment. This has created a climate conducive to upgrades in manufacturing technology and helping suppliers to hold quotes.
The Make in India program has also provided incentives for creating special economic zones and provided investment allowances for manufacturers making large machinery purchases. Additionally, it offers export incentives including duty drawbacks and exemptions.
Sourcing Reports for the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Cambodia, Indonesia
The India Sourcing Report: Footwear is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed online here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available online are:
- INDIA: Leather products
- PHILIPPINES: Baby and Children’s Wear,Garments
- Vietnam: Footwear, Fashion accessories
- CAMBODIA: Fashion accessories & garments
- Indonesia: Fashion accessories
Sourcing from India buyer’s guide
Buyers will also learn how to find and vet reliable suppliers, available banking options, common methods of payment, shipping details and steps to avoid or settle trade disputes at http://www.developingcountrysourcing.com/sourcing-india.
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes economic prosperity and peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three program areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. We offer Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarships to students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, China and the USA to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Israel and the US. We give our scholars extended internships and career development opportunities in export related companies and organizations in ten countries.
- Export trade assistance: We offer practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: The Hinrich Foundation believes that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which require open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.