VF Corp, Hinrich Foundation launch Global Trade Leaders MBA Scholarships and career program in Vietnam
Scholarship and Career Fairs to be held in Ho Chi Minh City March 12 at Le Meridien Saigon and Hanoi March 13 at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
HO CHI MINH CITY, March 1, 2016 – The non-profit Hinrich Foundation (https://www.hinrichfoundation.com) and the Fortune 250 VF Corp (http://www.vfc.com) will host the Global Trade Leaders MBA Scholarship and VF Career Fairs in Vietnam.
The free-of-charge Scholarship and Career Fairs are scheduled as follows:
- Ho Chi Minh City: Saturday March 12 from13:00 to 16:30 at the Le Meridien Saigon, 3C Ton Duc Thang Street, District 1, HCMC.
- Hanoi: Sunday March 13 from 13:00 to 16:30 at the Sofitel Plaza Hanoi, 1 Thanh Nien Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
Senior executives from both organizations’ regional headquarters and Vietnam offices will be on hand for one-on-one meetings and to introduce the benefits of the program, including:
- How people passionate about footwear production and international trade can qualify for the full MBA scholarships and take their careers to the next level.
- Details about the International MBA postgraduate program of the University of Leipzig offered at Hanoi University of Science and Technology. The MBA degree will be conferred by the University of Leipzig. Founded in 1409, it is one of the oldest universities in Germany.
- Career opportunities with VF in Vietnam and abroad, representing some of the world’s most recognized brands, including: The North Face, Vans, Timberland, Wrangler, Lee and Nautica.
People interested to meet VF Corp and Hinrich Foundation management and learn about this program may register for the event at http://goo.gl/forms/szND1iPCU5 or call +84 961 114 642.
Growing partnership for talent development
The Hinrich Foundation – VF Corp partnership is now in its 3rd year of providing unparalleled educational and career development opportunities for people interested in manufacturing and export trade.
“We are excited to expand our work beyond Bangladesh, India and Hong Kong to bring this powerful, practical program to Vietnam,” said Alex Boome, Program Director of the Hinrich Foundation. “With the University of Leipzig’s program at HUST, we are able to provide our scholars an international education while they develop their career with VF in Hanoi.”
About VF Corp
VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC) is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories. The company’s highly diversified portfolio of 30 powerful brands spans numerous geographies, product categories, consumer demographics and sales channels. VF’s largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Timberland®, Wrangler®, Lee® and Nautica®.
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes economic prosperity and peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three programmatic areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. We offer Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarships (https://hinrichfoundation.com/trade-related-education) to students from Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, China and the USA to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Israel, Vietnam and the US. We give our scholars internships and career development opportunities in export related companies and organizations in ten countries.
- Export Trade Assistance: The Foundation offers practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance Program, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: the Hinrich Foundation believes that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which require open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.
– Ends –