Vietnam basketware sourcing report highlights suppliers’ capacity to produce volume orders of handmade crafts
The online report includes names and details of 117 export suppliers and images of baskets made from bamboo, rattan, natural material and plastic. The report also features industry information, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available online to download for free.
Vietnam basketware report highlights sector’s steady export growth
The findings of the report show:
- Vietnam basketware sector has approximately 713 bamboo and rattan craft villages with approximately 350,000 workers.
- Vietnam’s export sales of bamboo and rattan products reached $186 million in the first nine months of 2015.
- Vietnam basketware export sales increased 9 percent from 2012 to 2014.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development aims to increase rattan and bamboo exports to $530 million in the coming years through a combination of raw material cultivation, investment in low-cost technology and skills training for local workers.
“We expect the government’s focus on this sector will benefit producers and buyers alike. While we anticipate many producers will work to move up the value chain, Vietnam is expected to continue to offer buyers a range of models in the higher, medium and lower-end categories,” said Alex Boome, Hinrich Foundation’s program director.
One Vietnam program supplier capable of high-volume orders, Linda Thanh Tam of Artistic Décor Furniture, said: “100 percent of our basketware is handmade. Our production capacity of 2,000 pieces per month.” In addition to water hyacinth baskets, mats and lamps, the company offers indoor and outdoor furniture.
Sourcing Reports for the Philippines, Vietnam, India and Indonesia
The Vietnam Sourcing Report: Basketware is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed online at http://tinyurl.com/Vietnam-Basketware.
Other related Sourcing Reports available online are:
- PHILIPPINES: Furniture, Home decor
- Vietnam: Wooden furniture
- INDIA: Kitchenware, Home decor
- Indonesia: Basketware, Furniture
Sourcing from Vietnam buyer’s guide
Buyers will also learn how to find and vet reliable suppliers, available banking options, common methods of payment, shipping details and steps to avoid or settle trade disputes at http://www.developingcountrysourcing.com/sourcing-vietnam.
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes economic prosperity and peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three program areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. We offer Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarships to students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, China and the USA to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Israel and the US. We give our scholars extended internships and career development opportunities in export related companies and organizations in ten countries.
- Export trade assistance: We offer practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: The Hinrich Foundation believes that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which require open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.