Vietnam footwear sourcing report highlights large production capability with details of export manufacturers
Online report lists 100 export suppliers and includes details on new products – formal shoes, casual shoes, sports shoes and children shoes – plus pricing and supply market trends.
The online report includes names and details of 100 export suppliers and images of formal shoes, casual shoes, sports shoes and children shoes. The report also features industry information, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Report shows Vietnam is the world’s third largest garment exporter
The findings of the report include:
- Vietnam footwear export sales in 2014 reached $10.3 billion, up by 22.6 percent compared to 2013.
- The sector had an average growth rate of 14 percent per year from 2009 to 2013.
- The industry has a world market share of 9.2 percent.
- The industry is projected to grow by 15 percent in 2015 over 2014.
The suppliers’ total output reached 130 million pairs of footwear in the past year, an increase of 24.8 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
Most Vietnam footwear manufacturers depend on buyers’ designs. The export value of OEM orders was 52.7 percent of the total Vietnam footwear exports in 2012, according to the General Department of Vietnam Customs.
Manufacturers focus on the low-end and mid-range markets due to limited materials and technology available, according to the Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association (LEFASCO). Most suppliers surveyed will maintain their export prices amid a slight increase in production costs.
Sourcing Reports for the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia
The Vietnam Sourcing Report: Footwear is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed online here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available online are:
- PHILIPPINES: Garments, Fashion accessories
- VIETNAM: Garments, Fashion accessories
- INDIA: Footwear, Fashion accessories
- NEPAL: Footwear, Fashion accessories
- MYANMAR: Garments, Jade products
- CAMBODIA: Fashion accessories & garments
- INDONESIA: Fashion accessories
The next report in the Vietnam Sourcing series is Garments available here.
Sourcing from Vietnam buyer’s guide
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three program areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. The Hinrich Foundation offers scholarships to students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Lao and China to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, The Philippines and the U.S. We give our scholars internships and on-the-job training in export related companies and organizations in 10 countries.
- Export trade assistance: We offer practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: We believe that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which requires open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.
– Ends –