Vietnam synthetic and wicker furniture sourcing report highlights knock-down furniture with simple designs and natural materials
HO CHI MINH CITY, March 21, 2016 – The Hinrich Foundation released the Vietnam Sourcing Report: Synthetic & wicker furniture with the support of its partner in export development, Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL)
The online report includes complete details of 101 verified export suppliers and profiles living room, kitchen and dining room, garden and outdoor, and bedroom furniture. The report also features industry information, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Report states sector has strong OEM capability with high level of workmanship
The report shows:
- The export value of Vietnam bamboo, rattan and rush products in the first 11 months of 2015 reached $235 million, an increase of 4.5 percent from the previous year.
- Having strong OEM capability, most manufacturers are able to customize pieces to clients’ needs.
- Some suppliers have begun using the latest graphics design software and CNC machines to create samples to exact specifications.
- Suppliers also employ artisans with strong workmanship from craft villages who have mastered complex manual processes.
Distinguishing the industry from other furniture makers in Asia are its offering of quality handmade wicker furniture at competitive. Many suppliers ensure product through QC teams averaging 10 members. Additionally, some suppliers employ up to 50 technicians.
Suppliers are offering more knock-down furniture designs that are easily assembled and dismantled, aligning with buyer demand. They are also offering more folding models of tables and chairs, allowing for the easy shipping and storage.
Sourcing Reports for the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Cambodia, Indonesia
The Vietnam Sourcing Report: Synthetic & wicker furniture is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed online here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available online are:
Sourcing from Vietnam buyer’s guide
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes economic prosperity and peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three program areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. We offer Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarships to students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, India, China and the USA to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines, Israel and the US. We give our scholars extended internships and career development opportunities in export related companies and organizations in ten countries.
- Export trade assistance: We offer practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: The Hinrich Foundation believes that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which require open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.