India fashion jewelry sourcing report highlights traditional motifs
Online report features 15 export suppliers offering earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets and rings, plus details on product pricing and supply market trends
The online report offers import buyers websites of 15 verified exporter suppliers and profiles earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets and rings. It also features an overview of the industry, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Intricate designs featuring traditional motifs on trend
India manufacturers of fashion jewelry are adopting bohemian and tribal motifs to complement recent fashion trends. Releases in line with this trend feature bold, colorful and intricate structures. Among these are designs reminiscent of traditional temple and bridal jewelry.
Shells, wooden and clay beads, and rhinestones are typical materials used for necklaces. Intricate metalwork, beadwork or stones embellish cuff bracelets.
“Suppliers are combining ethnic and modern elements in their latest collections to cater to overseas buyers looking for something different and unique,” said Bushra Baseerat, export consultant for the Hinrich Foundation.
Geometric patterns are another popular theme. Many companies are also offering modular designs, which can be disassembled and formed into other types of jewelry.
Suppliers and products
Established in 1996, Touchstone Jewellery in Uttar Pradesh exports bracelets, necklaces, earrings and jewelry sets with traditional peacock and nature motifs. The company’s collection also includes pieces inspired by traditional bridal and temple jewelry.
Delhi-based Modish Look Collection, which has been in business since 2014, produces earrings, necklaces and rings embellished with beads and imitation stones.
Founded in 2010, Bona Dea Exports in New Delhi specializes in terracotta jewelry. The company’s selection includes handcrafted temple jewelry depicting Hindu deities.
In addition to Touchstone Jewellery, Modish Look and Bona Dea Exports, suppliers featured in the report are:
– 13th Shoes, West Java: Pumps, loafers, mules and ballet flats made of textile or synthetic leather.
– Adorabella, New Delhi: Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants and jewelry sets featuring imitation gemstones.
– Aiswarya Design Jewellery, Kerala: Earrings, rings and necklaces made of metal.
– Arnav Creations, New Delhi: Beaded necklaces and bracelets.
– Ehsaaz Fashions, New Delhi: Necklaces and jewelry sets with glass and paper beads, pearls and semiprecious stones.
– Ghouri Bangles Handicrafts, Telangana: Colorful bangles and bangle sets.
– Malhotra Jewels Private Ltd, Uttar Pradesh: Kundan earrings, necklaces and jewelry sets.
– Navrang Creations, Delhi: Earrings, necklaces and jewelry sets.
– Neelofar’s, Rajasthan: Pottery bracelets, dangling earrings, necklaces and anklets.
– Parampara Crafts Ltd, Tamil Nadu: Beaded bracelets, bangles, pendants and necklaces.
– Rvizon Infotech, Delhi: Earrings, rings and necklaces with beads and imitation gemstones.
– Sannidhya Jewels, Haryana: Necklaces, earrings and jewelry sets made of metal.
– Wow Trendy Private Ltd, Uttar Pradesh: Beaded earrings, cuffs, bracelets.
The report further shows:
– India exported $212.1 million worth of imitation jewelry in 2016, down 23 percent from the previous year, according to statistics from the DESA/UNSD, United Nations Comtrade database.
– The US was the top single-country importer, accounting for nearly $42.7 million. The other key markets were Pakistan, the UK, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Spain.
– Most suppliers will be keeping prices at current levels in the next six months. The majority of companies planning to raise their quotes will cap increases at 5 percent.
India Sourcing: Fashion jewelry is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available available on the New Sourcing Markets website: Fashion jewelry and accessories, Vietnam. The site also offers sourcing reports on other products and suppliers from India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.Download the report