India jute fashion accessories sourcing report highlights intricate, colorful designs
Online report features 15 export suppliers offering jute bags, wallets and footwear, plus details on product pricing and supply market trends
The online report offers import buyers websites of 15 verified exporter suppliers and profiles jute bags, wallets and footwear. It also features an overview of the industry, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Report features designs with intricate, colorful details
Jute fashion accessory makers are enhancing product aesthetics to differentiate their products in the international market.
“In coming months, suppliers in India will be producing more vibrant, intricate designs using natural dyes and traditional Indian designs such as block prints, embroidery, patchwork and beads,” said Bushra Baseerat, export consultant for the Hinrich Foundation.
Suppliers are also pairing jute with other materials such as leather and cotton to vary the look of and add value to their bags, wallets or footwear. Some are using environment-friendly vegetable dyes to provide color to their designs.
Nonetheless, the selection of simple or basic models will continue to expand. Upcoming releases will include classic designs with plain exteriors or minimal embellishments to cater to buyers that prefer this style.
Suppliers and products
Established in 2013, Sai Kaarthikeya Enterprises recently released a jute trolley bag featuring handpainted floral patterns. The company, which is based in Hyderabad, Telangana, also offers totes and sling bags.
New Delhi-based Ganga Exports, which was established in 1999, offers jute women’s bags with multicolor patterns. Its selection also includes cotton and leather handbags.
Dolphin Enterprise in Kolkata, West Bengal, exports sandals, slippers and espadrilles with jute uppers and soles. Its selection also includes models in red, pink and other vivid colors. The company has been in operation since 1996.
In addition to Sai Kaarthikeya Enterprises, Ganga Exports and Dolphin Enterprise, suppliers featured in the report are:
– AK Jute Bags, Telangana: Laminated jute shopper bags, totes and backpacks.
– Bano Enterprises, Telangana: Open-style jute totes.
– Bawa Paulins, Delhi: Handmade jute totes with plain exteriors or floral patterns.
– Creative Accessories, Delhi: Jute handbags, belts, briefcases and wallets.
– Creative Fashions, Delhi: Jute totes, sling bags and backpacks.
– Hrithik Handicrafts, Delhi: Embroidered totes, sling bags and clutches made of jute.
– Juke Organic, Tamil Nadu: Jute backpacks, business bags and handbags.
– Saanvi, Delhi: Jute shopper bags, laptop bags and handbags with plain or printed exteriors.
– Saran Jute Bags, Telangana: Jute wallets, totes, sling bags and cosmetic bags with multicolor prints.
– Savitri Leathers, Uttar Pradesh: Leather messenger bags, laptop bags, belts and wallets. Jute products offered on request.
– Sri Modern Mahila Jute Bags Manufacturing, Telangana: Jute backpacks, laptop bags, totes, sling bags and duffle bags.
– Winmaarc, Delhi: Jute handbags, backpacks and sling bags.
The report further shows:
– India exported approximately $48.2 million worth of jute handbags and shopping bags during the 12 months ending March 2017, according to data from the Department of Commerce’s Export Import Data Bank.
– The UK was the top importer of the products during the period, accounting for nearly 30 percent of the total export value.
– Of the surveyed suppliers, 53 percent will be maintaining prices in the next six months. The rest intend to raise quotes, but most of these companies plan to keep increases within 10 percent.
India Sourcing Report: Jute fashion accessories is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed here.
Sourcing from India buyer’s guide
To help buyers new to India sourcing, the Hinrich Foundation has prepared a guide that provides an overview of the industries and products available.
Buyers will also learn how to find and evaluate reliable suppliers, available banking options, common methods of payment, shipping details and steps to avoid or settle trade disputes.