India promotional gifts sourcing report highlights export suppliers’ focus on products with basic styles, elaborate designs
The online report includes detailed profiles of 16 verified export suppliers and in-depth product profiles for stationary, novelty items, garments, fashion accessories, packaging and home décor. The report also features industry information, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Report survey shows makers target Eastern Europe market
The survey of Indonesia garments manufacturers featured in the report shows:
- 56 percent of suppliers expect to raise export quotes.
- 50 percent expect export sales to increase by up to 10 percent.
- 100 percent will target the EU market.
- 30 percent will focus on incorporating ethnic and modern elements into product designs.
Difficulties in finding skilled labor and increasing material costs pose a challenge for Indian suppliers. In order to remain competitive, they focus on offering unique ethnic-modern designs and environmentally friendly products.
Makers tend to target low-end to mid-range products, while corporate gift makers focus on mid-range to higher-end customers.
Sourcing Reports for the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia
The India Sourcing Report: Promotional gifts is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed online here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available online include:
- PHILIPPINES: Gifts & premiums, Holiday decor & gifts
- VIETNAM: Promotional gifts
- NEPAL: Handicrafts & gifts
The next report available in the India Sourcing series is Footwear, available here.
The next report in the India Sourcing series is Footwear gifts available here.
Sourcing from Vietnam buyer’s guide
About the Hinrich Foundation
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes peace. It aims to encourage the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness in trade-related activities undertaken by individuals, companies, industries and countries by focusing on three program areas:
- Trade related education & training: We sponsor educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade. The Hinrich Foundation offers scholarships to students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Lao and China to study in Hong Kong, Thailand, The Philippines and the U.S. We give our scholars internships and on-the-job training in export related companies and organizations in 10 countries.
- Export trade assistance: We offer practical trade services to promote and coach producers on how to participate in global trade. Through the Export Trade Assistance, the Hinrich Foundation connects exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide.
- International trade policy research: We believe that the health of the global economy and peace between nations depend on countries having productive trade relationships, which requires open, fact-based dialogues. We initiate research, elicit opinions and disseminate information about global trade to encourage objective debate and balanced policy making in support of open, free, transparent and fair global trade.
– Ends –