Indonesia basketware sourcing report features colorful, environment-friendly designs
Online report features export suppliers offering laundry & picnic hampers, storage baskets, serving trays & other utility baskets, plus details on product pricing and supply market trends
The online report offers import buyers websites of 16 verified export suppliers and profiles laundry & picnic hampers, storage baskets, serving trays & other utility baskets. It also features an overview of the industry, new product features, price guides and export data. A PDF of the report is available to download for free online.
Report highlights colorful designs made of natural materials
Makers from Indonesia offer basketware in bright colors and novelty designs to provide buyers with modern design options. While still producing items highlighting the natural color of the material, suppliers are releasing new basketware models in pastels and vibrant colors such as blue, green, and red to create a diversity in their collection.
Producers usually offer basketware in rattan, a variety of palm that is sourced within the country. Indonesia is considered one of the top producers of rattan, accounting for 70 to 80 percent of global supply.
“To cater to the demand for eco-friendly products, Indonesia suppliers offer basketware in rattan, bamboo and pandan, which are natural, sustainable and accessible materials,” said Putro Agus Harnowo, export consultant for the Hinrich Foundation.
Other environment-friendly varieties used in basketware are seagrass, mendong grass and water hyacinth. Water hyacinth, for instance, is an invasive and rapidly growing plant that can pollute waterways. Suppliers have managed to convert this into a pliable material that can be woven into basketware and furniture.
Suppliers and products
Me and Dots, which has been in business since 2013, produces rattan hampers and storage baskets in colorful and novelty designs. The company is based in Yogyakarta.
PT Karya Dua Anyam in Jakarta offers contemporary basketware. Established in 2012, the social enterprise offers storage baskets and serving trays.
Central Java-based PT Sango Ceramics exports garden and storage baskets made of rattan, seagrass and bamboo. The company was established in 1977.
In addition to Me and Dots, PT Karya Dua Anyam and PT Sango Ceramics, suppliers featured in the report are:
– CV Anyaman Plastik, East Java: Shopping and storage baskets.
– CV Fortune Enterprise, West Java: Laundry hampers, serving trays and storage baskets.
– CV Nurissah Indomakmur, West Java: Garden baskets, hampers, storage baskets and wicker furniture.
– CV Pandanus Internusa, Central Java: Garden baskets, serving trays and storage baskets.
– CV Rotan Jepara, Central Java: Hampers and storage baskets.
– CV Salam Rancage, West Java: Hampers, serving trays and storage baskets.
– CV Selo Agro, Java: Hampers and storage baskets.
– CV Tashinda Putraprima, Yogyakarta: Garden baskets, hampers, serving trays and storage baskets.
– Indo Risakti, Yogyakarta: Garden baskets, hampers, storage baskets and other accessories.
– PT Bali Boxes, Bali: Hampers and storage baskets made of rattan and bamboo.
– PT Eagle Perkasa, Bali: Garden baskets and storage baskets.
– PT Giunco Kota Mas, East Java: Storage baskets.
– PT Indo Azur, Central Java: Storage baskets.
– PT Suwastama, Central Java: Hampers and storage baskets.
The report further shows:
– Exports of basketware, wickerwork and other articles amounted to $61.7 million in 2017, according to statistics from DESA/UNSD, United Nations Comtrade database.
– Suppliers raising their quotes will cap increases at 5 percent due to rising raw material costs.
– Prices are based mainly on the size of the product and the materials used.
Indonesia Sourcing: Basketware is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available available on the New Sourcing Markets website are: Basketware, Vietnam; and Home decor, Philippines and India. The site also offers sourcing reports on other products and suppliers from India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.Download the report