Global Trade Leader Program
Building local talent with a global mindset is essential for advancing sustainable global trade in Asia. Our Global Trade Leader Program grants scholarships, and provides a blend of trade knowledge and skills through tailored educational programs. Created in partnership with corporations and universities, key components of our programs include:
- A high-quality Masters’ degree at a reputable institution
- Leadership and soft-skills training
- An internship that develops practical knowledge and skills in trade
- Participation in conferences and events, such as our trade negotiation simulations, that build foundational knowledge about global trade
In addition to providing an education to our scholars, we mentor each of them individually to develop an understanding of the value proposition that sustainable trade brings and cultivate ethical values to advance sustainable trade.
We offer Hinrich Global Trade Leader scholarships to the following universities and programs for people passionate about pursuing careers in trade with an emphasis in Asia:
- University of Auckland: Master of International Business: New Zealand ‘punches above its weight’ in international trade in Asia Pacific. This scholarship will enable students to concentrate in cross-border business and apply their learning to trade in Asia.
- INSEAD Hinrich Foundation Master in Business Administration (MBA): Our aim is to empower future business leaders to advance sustainable global trade. We offer a prestigious education opportunity in Singapore to equip future global trade leaders with the knowledge and management tools to promote better trade practices.
- Georgetown University: Master of Science in Foreign Service: Much of the work of foreign service officers impacts international trade. Through this scholarship, we aim to empower future leaders in government, business and civil society to advance trade in consideration of its economic, social and environmental implications.
- Hong Kong Baptist University Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies (MAIJS): Our aim is to provide best-in-class journalism training to experienced Asian journalists and to strengthen their knowledge about sustainable global trade.
Upcoming! Master of Global Trade (open for application late 2019)
For rising stars and mid-career professionals in trade, this new program will provide a powerful pathway to regional leadership and career advancement. The Hinrich Foundation, in partnership with a leading regional university, is developing the curriculum by employers, for employers. It is designed to provide practical, real-world learning within the framework of globally recognized academic rigor.
To learn more about our scholarship programs, please contact our team.