HKBU Hinrich Foundation Global Trade Leader Scholarship
Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies
The Hinrich Foundation provides the Global Trade Leader Scholarship to talented, young professionals who are passionate about global trade to earn their Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies at HKBU.
This scholarship program is offered to next-generation global trade leaders who:
- Aspire to reach their full potential
- Learn through lifelong global education
- Grow their career & sphere of influence
- Lead in their industry & community
Program & location
Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies at Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong
Scholarships & amount
Two scholarships of HK$ 145,000 each will be awarded to study the Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies at HKBU, one of the leading journalism programs in Asia.
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines or Vietnam
- For individuals enrolled in or applying to the HKBU MAIJS program. To learn about application and admission requirement, click here
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in global trade and/or who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing their career in this domain
- Preference will be given to candidates who show motivation to work in Asia post-studies and display a strong interest in working in international trade-related sectors
- Scholarship graduates will be encouraged to engage with the Hinrich Foundation Alumni Association (HFAA) for mentorship, possible career opportunities and lifelong networking support
15 June 2020 for a September 2020 intake
How to apply
Open to students enrolled in, or applying to, the HKBU MAIJS program.
- Submit your application and essay for the Hinrich Foundation Global Trade Leader scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a 500-word essay and discuss the following:
- What is your motivation in applying for the HKBU MAIJS scholarship?
- How will your study at HKBU help you advance sustainable global trade?
- Provide a concise, accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as your budget for the year at HKBU. How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship?
Hinrich Global Trade Leaders
Since 2007, the Hinrich Foundation has awarded the HKBU MAIJS scholarship to 44 Global Trade Leaders who have built their careers in business, communication and journalism. Meet our Hinrich Global Trade Leader Scholars at HKBU.
Chad de Guzman (Philippines), HKBU, MAIJS ’20
Za Bawi Thawng (Myanmar), HKBU, MAIJS ’20